Wednesday 23 June 2010

Not often these days I am found listening to the music of Johannes Brahms. I find his thick textures unpalatable, and I suffer from indigestion. But I have been greatly taken with a CD on which Alexander Rabinowitsch (piano), Philippe Hirschhorn (violin) and David Geringas (cello) play the string sextets Op 18 and Op 36. Arranged by whom, I know not. But the two works make very digestible piano trios, and all three musicians are excellent (especially Hirschhorn, of course). An unexpected pleasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did I told you on May 24th.?
BTW: did you birthday pass. Do you have 69?

Harry Collier said...

On 24th May you probably told me I would never live to see 68! Well, I have around 4 weeks to go until I am 69 and I shall be celebrating it in Paris with a friend I have known since 1954!

Anonymous said...

No, my dear. May 24th I TOLD YOU about Hirschhorn and those trios. Theodor Kirchner was the transciptor.