Tuesday 19 February 2008

Gastric flu over after 48 bad hours (mainly in bed) I could this evening tuck into my classic Thai Soup (with mussels, squid and scallops). I now seem to have this off to a fine art, and this evening's edition was well up to standard. More for tomorrow! Thank goodness I can now count on a ready supply of Tom Yum paste; even the new Malmesbury shop sells it.
And Schubert seems to have become one of my very small collection of personal composers (along with Handel and Bach). The two-CD set of his late piano sonatas played by Leif Ove Andsnes is the kind of music and performance I'll always keep near to me. With Andsnes you find yourself listening enraptured to ... Schubert. And you never, ever feel you might like the music played a little more quickly, or slowly, or loudly, or softly. Thai Soup and Schubert! A good evening after the bad weekend.

No comments: