Sunday 29 May 2011

I have probably heard young Mozart's violin concertos too often, so I was surprised to have been enthralled by a May 2011 off-air recording by Alina Ibragimova (with a truly excellent Royal Liverpool Philharmonic conducted by Vasily Petrenko). The violin part of the D major concerto K 218 is fascinating in Ibragimova's hands, with a wide variety of colours and nuances, played fast and straight. This is the 27th recording in my collection of this concerto; and I suspect it is the best of the bunch. Three stars. Miss Ibragimova is becoming The Girl Who Can Do No Wrong. I'll be interested to hear her in person next Saturday in Bath.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Enjoy the Bach. She's pretty as well. So an added bonus with that excellent violin playing! LOL. I will be listening to her LvB VS today Vol 1 & 2. I have to buy Vol 3 soon.